Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Tuesday, April 20, 2010


I have passed this cemetery a few times but never had the time to stop. Today I did. This cemetery is located on the Madison-Hancock County line, it goes by the name Mendon Cemetery.
While wandering through, this was one of the last stones I saw. It is weathered enough that there is no name to be found. What struck me was that somebody had placed a small stuffed rabbit in the little girls' arms.
As weathered as the stone is I got to wondering how sharp and clear it must have been when first erected so long ago as this was located in the oldest section of the cemetery. I also wondered who took the time to place the stuffed toy in her arms.

1 comment:

  1. These type of stones give me heart ache.

    Please email me.

    Thanks,
    Gale Wall
    digitalcemeterywalk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete